Law Office of Stephanie Mendez​ Attorney

Legal Representation For Spousal And Child Support

Child support and alimony can have a major impact on the lives of both spouses long after the divorce is finalized. Whether you expect to receive it or pay it, it is important to work with an attorney who will protect your rights while helping you find a solution that is fair.

I am lawyer Stephanie Mendez of the Law Office of Stephanie Mendez in Escondido, California. I take the time to listen to the concerns of my clients before suggesting a solution. Once I know what is most important to you, I will offer realistic advice based on my years of experience. I offer strong legal representation for spousal and child support.

Understanding Child Support In California

In California, there are guidelines for determining child support. A final child support order will take into account many factors, including:

    The income of each parent
    The amount of time each parent spends with the children
    Health care expenses

As your attorney, it will be my goal to make sure you and your spouse provide accurate information and help negotiate any changes that may be necessary. To learn more about child support in California, visit my Child Support FAQ page.

How Is Spousal Support Determined?

Like child support, spousal support is based off of a number of different factors. How much you will pay or receive and for how long will be determined by considering factors such as:

    The length of the marriage
    The standard of living the couple enjoyed during the marriage
    The health and age of each spouse
    The contributions each spouse made to the marriage, financially and otherwise
    The earning capacity of each spouse

Modifying Support Orders

Occasionally there are circumstances in which a modification of a spousal support or child support order becomes necessary. Common reasons include job loss or parental relocation. If for some reason you cannot uphold an existing court order, it is best to speak with a lawyer before you stop paying altogether. Failing to adhere to a court order can result in criminal charges, but I can help you seek the modification you need legally.

Schedule Your Free Consultation Now

To discuss your child support or alimony in a free initial consultation, please call my office at 760-213-2395 or contact me online.